I absolutely love getting together with friends and family to enjoy a meal. Everyone brings their favorite dish or dishes and we sit around together talking and eating way to much. That's my kind of dinner party.
Last week I was assigned dessert for a dinner party with some close girlfriends. I usually do a cheesecake or something chocolate in times like this, but I was in the mood to make something different. I was talking to my mom when the Lemon Cream Pie recipe was born, so she definitely deserves partial credit.
This pie is so easy and absolutely delicious. It was a hit at the party and the perfect end to a great night with friends.
Makes: 12 Servings
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 mins
1 refrigerated pie dough disks
1 cups heavy cream
1/2 package cream cheese
2 packages instant lemon pudding
2 1/2 cups whole milk
Notes / Directions
1. Bake pie shell in a buttered pie dish in a 400 F oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool completely.
2. Follow the steps to make FLUFFY WHIPPED CREAM FROM SCRATCH below. Refrigerate.
3. Mix cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, 1 cup milk, and 1 package lemon pudding with an electric mixer until smooth. Spread mixture evenly in the cooled pie shell. Refrigerate for the duration of next step
4. Mix remaining 1 package lemon pudding and 1 1/2 cups milk with electric mixer until smooth and thick.
5. Spread pudding layer evenly on top of the cream cheese layer.
6. Decorate the top with whipped cream in a piping bag fitted with a decorative tip. Or dollop whipped cream on each serving.
7. Refrigerate overnight or at least three hours before serving.